From a KC Librarian

Just an average guy trying to make sense of his life in the library and beyond.....

Friday, July 04, 2008

Painting Update

I failed to blog about the decision to paint my house. First, I decided to contract with a gentleman who has been a painter for 18 years in KC. He has experience painting residential homes as well as large scale projects such as some older, more historic homes in town. He's also a regular patron at my library. Our initial consultation was extensive, more extensive and more thorough than the other candidates.
He started work this past week, powerwashing the house as well as the storage shed. He then removed the storm windows from the house which proved harder than it sounds. You see, whoever had possession of the house prior to me decided to install the storm windows using carpenter's glue. It took the painter a little longer to remove the windows than anticipated. I was a little concerned when the painter told me this, but the painter said he could work with this and reinstall the storm windows properly when ready.
(I have to add he removed the storm windows one night before the North KC area experienced a downpour of rain-4 inches of precip. During the storm, I went around to each room of the house to make sure the windows were tightly shut. There was no leakage. Whew!!)
Anyway, the painter will be coming tomorrow (July 5th) to begin scraping and sanding before painting begins next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home