From a KC Librarian

Just an average guy trying to make sense of his life in the library and beyond.....

Friday, May 30, 2008

Random Notes

  1. I made an appointment for repairs on the front bumper and the hood of my Saturn Vue during the second week in June. Two weeks ago, I hit a deer driving home after dinner with friends. Like a lunkhead, I decided to take a back road to get to I-435 and, while driving at about 40 miles per hour, a doe jetted in front of me. I slammed on the brakes but managed to hit the deer. It did a couple of barrel rolls then scampered off in the brush. If you take a closer look at the damage, you can see some of the deer hair (I guess it's called deer hair) among the dents.
  2. I decided to attend the retirement celebration of IF yesterday. IF has been associated with WestWy for the past 15-16 years in the employee or volunteer role. I will always remember her laughing at me when I lamented the fact that I turned 40. And she would always laugh at my jokes, no matter how corny they were.
  3. In reviewing my bank statement, I see my federal economic incentive money was directly deposited. I have the feeling, though, that this money will be serving as gas money as I, along with other commuters, have to pay more at the gas pump. Economic incentive?? Ha!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home