From a KC Librarian

Just an average guy trying to make sense of his life in the library and beyond.....

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

8 reasons why this is the dumbest generation

I pulled this from boston.com while pouring through some library blogs today. The slide show delivers eight reasons why Emory University Profs believe not to trust anybody under 30. This is taken from Mark Bauerline's book The Dumbest Generation: How the Digital Age Stupifies Young Americans and Jeopardizes Our Future.
For the slide show depicting the "eight reasons," click the picture or click here.
I think there might be some truth in what Bauerline posits. And I don't have to look any further than my own library. Last night, my ref colleague was grading papers from fourth graders. She was not exactly impressed with the students' efforts, especially with one student who wrote in their paper that World War II started in (and I kid you not) Minnesota.
Put down the game control or mouse kid and pick up a friggin' book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home