From a KC Librarian

Just an average guy trying to make sense of his life in the library and beyond.....

Monday, April 14, 2008

Caught in the fever of KU's Championship

I finally bought my KU Championship memorabilia this past Saturday morning. I drove down to Johnson County and shopped at Kansas Sampler, a store that specializes in local college mementos and clothing. As expected, Sampler ran out of the Championship inventory within days of KU's win. So when I got to the store, the clerks were opening new boxes of memorabilia as I was walking in the store. I bought a sweatshirt, a crew shirt, and T-shirt commemorating KU's victory.
Later in the day, I felt it was too blustery to do any yard work. So, after doing chores, I made a couple of collages with clippings of pictures taken from the Internet showing various action shots of KU's journey through the tournament. I took the collages to be framed at Michael's and will hang them somewhere in my basement.
Finally, I got home late Saturday night but managed to watch the second half of the replay of the national championship game from Monday night. Our local television station decided to rebroadcast the game.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home