From a KC Librarian

Just an average guy trying to make sense of his life in the library and beyond.....

Friday, June 13, 2008

The consequences of forwarding work email

Okay, so I'm on vacation. Big Wow!!! (Sarcasm intended). I can still follow some of the things going on at work because I forward my work email to one of my personal email accounts. And sometimes, when I feel like it, I'll respond to an issue raised in an email.

Case in point:

I received a message about a problem patron that provoked me in writing a response. Generally speaking, this patron typically frames his customer service experience when he comes to the lab by being rude to any library employee working the lab. And to further complicate things, he does not follow instructions well when any library person tries to help with anything computer related. Kind of hard to provide service when the customer makes it hard to receive service.

Anyway, even though I shouldn't be focused on anything work-related this week, I felt compelled to send a reply to the email.

Bad KC Librarian!! Bad KC Librarian!! I know I should have waited until I got back but I wanted to respond while the thoughts about this problem patron were still in my mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home