From a KC Librarian

Just an average guy trying to make sense of his life in the library and beyond.....

Friday, June 20, 2008

The Incredible Hulk--a second look

Okay, when I saw it for the first time last week, I didn't give The Incredible Hulk its due. I decided to go to a late night showing on a Friday night after having dinner with friends. Perhaps I was tired. The first viewing of this movie did not leave me impressed.
During the recently completed work week, I engaged in a conversation with the Impish Delight. He took his family to the movie and admitted that even though it wasn't perfect, he had a good time. He was able to identify with the comic book pacing of The Incredible Hulk.
I went to wikipedia and looked up all entries to the movie, the TV Show, the comic books, the lunch pail.....and I decided to give the movie a second chance.
So last night, I attended an early evening showing and found myself enveloped in the movie. I understood the plot twists and turns with clarity and left the theatre enthused for the future movies that will be coming.
One final note: Universal Studios as well as Marvel Studios said that this was a "reboot" of the Hulk movie franchise. Personally, I did not see anything wrong with the Ang Lee version that came out five years ago. If I were to offer a blanket statement for both movie versions, I would say this: Lee's version of the Hulk takes on a more humanistic quality where a 2008's The Incredible Hulk better honors the comic book styling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home