From a KC Librarian

Just an average guy trying to make sense of his life in the library and beyond.....

Friday, June 13, 2008

And the bidding begins....

I began taking bids this week from painters/contract workers who would paint the exterior of my house and fix/replace some of the wood rot. I am looking at three candidates.

In terms of this home improvement issue the only thing I can definitely say is I know what color the paint job will be. The house will retain its gray color but the trim will be painted a dark-night blue--at least that's what it said on the paint chip when I sampled colors from the first painter yesterday.

On a side note, I asked the neighbor to the west of me if I could trim some of the tree branches that are over the west side of my roof so that painters could work there safely. The tree sits on her property. She said yes and also dropped hints that she may remove the tree totally because it deprives her new sod and grass in the area of sunlight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home