From a KC Librarian

Just an average guy trying to make sense of his life in the library and beyond.....

Monday, February 20, 2006

Major Investment

I have made the decision to go ahead and install a new air conditioning and furnace system in my house this year. My current air conditioner and coil consist of a rusty box and tin foil and the furnace was made by General Electric (I don't think they manufacture furnaces anymore). As a matter of fact, the furnace is so antiquated, I had to go to three hardware stores this morning before I could find the right filter for it. This purchase might mean a major change to my budget...in other words, crackers and cheese whiz for supper and lumpy oatmeal for breakfast. Actually, I don't think it will be that bad.
I already had a bid today from company X and I will receive a bid from the more commercially popular company Y tomorrow. I said this before and I will say this again: The joys of home ownership.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home