From a KC Librarian

Just an average guy trying to make sense of his life in the library and beyond.....

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Random Thoughts

  • Just when I thought the holiday eating season was over, girl scout cookies were delivered to me tonight. I had dinner with AN and her children tonight and her daughter brought the two, er, three boxes of cookies I ordered. As usual, the conversation with AN was stimulating.
  • Well, it looks like Bill Self knows what he's doing after all. I was very impressed with the Jayhawks as they withstood the Iowa State rallies Saturday. KU seems to be playing cohesive basketball right now and I feel the future looks promising. Meanwhile, I hope the Mizzou AD can find a basketball coach that can return the Tigers to league-contending status and a consistent national ranking not to mention to spice up the KU-MU rivalry.
  • JG discovered how to insert a photo or graphic into a blog's header section. It involves using a photo sharing site like Flickr. In this case, Flickr is capable of generating a URL for the desired photo. Then it's a matter of copying the code into the blog HTML code. Neat stuff. Way to go JG!!!
  • Finally, god bless Adam Curry, the former M-TV veejay. I've been doing a lot of reading about podcasting this weekend and it looks like he is to podcasting like Thomas Edison is to the light bulb. Curry keeps a blog dedicated to the new social technologies like podcasting. It's worth a view.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home