From a KC Librarian

Just an average guy trying to make sense of his life in the library and beyond.....

Saturday, February 04, 2006

Noisy Neighbors

My doorbell rang late this afternoon. It was S, a neighbor I've seen for the four and a half years I've lived here but never talked to. He wanted to know if I had any concerns about my next door neighbors. I sad definitely yes.
They have been playing loud music in the late night hours and I was glad to hear that not only did it bother me but it bothered the five or six other households on the dead-end block. Also, a couple of the mail boxes have been wiped out as people from the house have made hasty exits from the neighborhood. These people rent the house.
The owner of the house is a police officer who patrols the Weatherby Lake area in North KC. Right now, as a start, S says the police can only patrol the neighbor and asks the neighbors to lower the music during the overnight hours. But if the problem persists, I might start a petition among my other neighbors for their removal. I tolerated loud music overnight in college as a young lad, but this is different and bad for my beauty sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home