From a KC Librarian

Just an average guy trying to make sense of his life in the library and beyond.....

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Random Thoughts

  • It looks like I will be heading to Seattle, WA in October. My uncle timeshares a sailing boat and he has invited me to go sailing with him around the Puget Sound and San Juan Islands. He has been sailing for about twenty years and can't get enough of it. This will be the sixth time I've been to Seattle and the first in twelve years and the first time during fall weather.
  • With the celebration of many January birthdays, it looks like my holiday eating season continues. I hope it ends soon because I want to return to my regular eating routine of pizza and beer.
  • In March or April, I will be teaching a brand new class at the library--"Advanced Internet: Bloglines and RSS Feeds." My hope with this class is that more than the senior citizenry attend. I feel people from all demographics might benefit from this class. I showed the class handout to work colleagues and they like the concept of this class.
  • JG and I are working on a focus group for the library with hopes that patrons will attend a meeting we have planned in the near future. The community West Wy serves has undergone changes since I've started in 2000 and the focus group can give us indicators as to how we can adjust library services.
  • Finally, TG has given her approval for the library to start a Reader's Advisory blog. At work today, I will work on a proposal for TG on the blog's operation. If it goes well, I was told that the other branches may participate. Now, to come up with a name for the blog. Any suggestions faithful readers?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home