From a KC Librarian

Just an average guy trying to make sense of his life in the library and beyond.....

Thursday, December 15, 2005

My Bad while teaching class Thursday morning

Ordinarily, I'd be prepared to teach any computer class. However, I completely forgot that the guys from computer services upgraded our lab machines to Windows XP and with that the Office Suite. As such, I attempted to teach PowerPoint XP Thursday with PowerPoint 2000 handouts. Not a pretty sight. I completely winged today's class as I learned with the students the idiosyncrasies of the updated presentation program. I will have to create brand spanking new handouts before I next teach PP.

On a side note, I decided to tell the gentleman with the "attention problem" that he could not videotape the class on Thursday. The reason I used was videotaping the class would be an invasion of privacy on the other patrons attending the class. I'm sure my supervisor and colleagues can think of other reasons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home