From a KC Librarian

Just an average guy trying to make sense of his life in the library and beyond.....

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Unusual request for one of my computer classes

I was working at my desk earlier this week when switchboard forwarded a phone call to me. It was a gentleman with a request concerning the PowerPoint class I will teach on Thursday of this week. Here's what the man said:

"Yes, sir, I am enrolled in your PowerPoint class for Thursday and I have a favor to ask. I suffer from a condition where I have a difficult time paying attention and I sometimes fall asleep"

Narcolepsy, I thought as he continued....

"I was wondering if I could videotape your class so that I can play it back at home and review the points I might miss in the event that I fall asleep?"

I kind of stammered in my response. I never had anyone make such a request before. It took a minute for me to compose myself and deliver my response which was a tentative yes provided that he did not shoot any library patron and kept his camera pointed in the direction of my projection screen.

What's next? A song and dance request?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home