From a KC Librarian

Just an average guy trying to make sense of his life in the library and beyond.....

Friday, December 09, 2005

Narnia....I didn't yawnia

Went to see the matinee showing of "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe" Friday afternoon. Every scene matched the images that were created in my head after I read the book some thirteen to fourteen years ago. The CGI was sharp and helped immensely with the story. Nothing looked fake here. In past CGI movies, I would see CGI characters that would not remain in proportion with their human counterparts diminishing the enjoyment of said movie. But not here......
It's good to see that Adam Adamson has the capacity to direct a movie and tell a story that is more complex that the ninety minute Shrek fare. The battle scenes were spectacular and the four children actors delivered as Lucy, Edmond, Susan and Peter.
One concern though: I had a little difficulty with the actress who played the witch. Her performance seemed stiff and reserved (at least to me) and I could not tell the difference if she was playing the part of a cold, sinister, evil witch or that of a piece of a cardboard.
That being said...I look forward to future movies from "The Chronicles of Narnia."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home