From a KC Librarian

Just an average guy trying to make sense of his life in the library and beyond.....

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

What's Good for One Library Branch.....

....is not necessarily good for my library branch.

This week I received an email from one of the supers at "another" library branch writing how they are addressing a flaw in the Access management software. I talked this issue over with my staff and my supervisor and we all agreed that their solution to this flaw is not exactly what we want to do for our computer lab. As our computer services department works out solutions with the vendor who sold us this software in the first place, I am thinking of different solutions for our branch. I think I have an idea that does not require us to collect and be responsible for a library card. After all, that's why we bought the software in the first place, isn't it? So that patrons could keep their library card????

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home