From a KC Librarian

Just an average guy trying to make sense of his life in the library and beyond.....

Friday, December 23, 2005

A scholarship hall get-together

I was assuming that I would be doing my normal Friday night routine-going to Shawnee to have pizza with MS/PS. But, a phone call from AN put an end those plans. AN was calling me from her cell phone. She was driving up from Parsons for a get together down at an Italian restaurant in Kansas City's Plaza and she invited me to join the party. I said sure and after scribbling down the restaurant address, I got ready.
As it turned out, the get-together turned out to be a miniature reunion of Sellards-Pearson scholarship hall residents from the mid-eighties (including yours truly). ER and his wife J were there. They now live in Albuquerque, NM. SC and his wife were there as was WK and his wife. AN, SS, and yours truly represented the singles demographic. We had a wonderful dinner at the Italian eatery followed by coffee at a plaza coffee house. It was fun talking about schol-hall memories from (gulp) almost twenty years ago.

1 Comments:

At 12:08 PM, Blogger KCKLibrarian said...

Pardon the spelling: Buca di Beppo.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home