From a KC Librarian

Just an average guy trying to make sense of his life in the library and beyond.....

Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Random thoughts

  • Rumblings from Emporia indicate that the Emporia Lady Hornets are having another wonderful year. I get this information from my barber.
  • I am making progress emptying all the boxes of items that I have taken from Dad's place in Illinois. My basement is filling in nicely.
  • We had a busy afternoon in reference today. A school librarian called today with a work-intensive request: relay to her the call numbers for 40 books. Apparently her network and internet were down and she could not think of other alternatives.
  • I went to a friend's birthday party celebration over the weekend. We went for dinner at a place called Paulo and Bill's and then went back to her and her husband's place for chocolate cheesecake. I had to choose between going to the birthday celebration or attending a roller derby in North Kansas city. I would have been happy with either choice.
  • And finally, it may be time for a new car. Since my warranty ran out on the car two and half years ago, things have been breaking down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home