From a KC Librarian

Just an average guy trying to make sense of his life in the library and beyond.....

Sunday, January 02, 2005

Back Home

C and I just completed our weekend trip to Pontiac, IL. She picked me up on 6:00 Saturday morning and we made Pontiac by 12:15. We went to dad's friend's place where he treated us with chili for lunch. We then proceeded to Dad's house where we started going through his entire wardrobe, deeming what to give to Encore or Goodwill and deeming what to throw away. That took us about two to three hours. It turns out that Dad had quite a wardrobe.
C and I then treated Dad's friend to dinner at one of Pontiac's Chinese buffets. It had been about ten months since I last ate at a Chinese restaurant.
Last night, C and I began to package the items that were given to us by Dad. I won't go into detail but to say that Dad's gift to me is very generous.
This morning C and I began to divide up Dad's furniture. We will go back during Martin Luther King, JR. weekend to haul the furniture back to Kansas. The furniture that I will be getting will fill up most of my house.
We left Pontiac at 10:30 this morning and arrived back at Kansas City at about 4:30.
Trip data: Total mileage, round trip--850 miles. Total number of hours in Pontiac--22. Total hours of sleep--I don't know.
I think I will rest well tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home