From a KC Librarian

Just an average guy trying to make sense of his life in the library and beyond.....

Sunday, December 26, 2004

Going to Lawrence, going to Shawnee Dec. 25

I got up at 4:45 am Christmas day to make the trek to Lawrence to join the already awake family who were in the process of opening their Christmas presents at 6:00 am. At least that was the plan. Problem was nobody was awake when I arrived. My ringing of the doorbell woke up AH's brother-in-law who let me in the house. Eventually, the rest of the family (total 9 people) woke up and the family room was filled with the noise of ripping wrapping paper and a cacauphonies of thank you's. This year I gave my nephew a hot wheel accessory set and my niece the game of Scrabble. I gave gift certificates to my sister and brother-in-law.

I left the house at 1PM to go over to Shawnee to join MS's family for more gift exchanges. Later, we sat down to dinner. I got home at roughly 8PM last night, very exhausted.

Tonight, I will be going to an ornament exchange down in Lee's Summit, MO. After finishing chores today, I'll watch football during the afternoon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home