From a KC Librarian

Just an average guy trying to make sense of his life in the library and beyond.....

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Home, once again

After spending Sunday night at the Comfort Inn in Hannibal, MO, C and I returned to the Kansas City area with a truckload of Dad's furniture. I had to drive the rental truck. It handled well but the acceleration on this truck is sneaky...I found myself going almost 80 on a couple of occasions. C and I kept in touch via cell phones so we could communicate when we wanted to take breaks, check the load on the truck, or just merely grab something to eat.
We first arrived in Lawrence to drop off C's portion of the furniture. After eating lunch, we returned to KC where we unloaded my share of the furniture. MS offered to help move furniture but he arrived just as C and I were moving the last piece off of the truck. My house is now cluttered with a lot of stuff. I am going to try to put things in order this weekend.
By the way, from Pontiac to KC, I spent 96.40 in gas for the truck....that's one way. C barely put 80 dollars in her van's tank for two ways.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home