From a KC Librarian

Just an average guy trying to make sense of his life in the library and beyond.....

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Random Notes and News


  • Congrats to our youngest cousin in my generation. She's engaged. Uncle and Aunt told me they expected the engagement. Now, their relationship will go through a test of separation. The bride-to-be and groom-to-be will be studying abroad during the spring semester--but not in the same country.

  • My uncle took the pictures I sent him from my San Juan trip, added them to his stash, and created a DVD trip slide show with music. Cool stuff. It plays well on the DVD player. Unfortunately, the DVD format is NOT compatible with my computer, so I can't upload excerpts to this blog.

  • I was also flattered to receive from my uncle a sound recording from his college days many moons ago. The sound recording is of his quartet singing group performing Doo-Wop songs and some love ballads. I shared some of this music with friends from work and they were impressed.

  • The weather has taken a nasty turn here in the Midwest. Yesterday, we had an ice storm which closed down the library early. Today, the library was closed early partially because of the cold and slick driving conditions but also due to the forecast of thunder snow and the prediction of 6 to 10 inches of accumulation. So far, nothing much has fallen in North KC, but I hear extreme South KC is getting pounded.

  • Still no delivery of my furniture order. Last week I added to my order with the purchase of a new cherry wood file cabinet which matches the color of my new desk set.

  • Finally, I started decorating my house for the holidays. MS came up and helped me put exterior lights on the house. See sample picture below. Friday night, we will go to a friends place in Parkville and help with her Christmas tree decoration.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home