From a KC Librarian

Just an average guy trying to make sense of his life in the library and beyond.....

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Random Notes from this weekend past

  • In a previous post, I mentioned I was going to a German restaurant in Paola, KS. Well, I did go to a German restaurant....but not in Paola. We went to a restaurant in the Independence, MO area. Beethoven's of Paola is now closed. After talking with the owner of the Indy restaurant, we found out that several German places are now out of business. Along with Beethoven's, there's a German restaurant in the Waldo area of KC that's now closed. And it was just mentioned in our conversation that a German restaurant in the DeSoto/Eudora, KS area shut down because its owner passed away. Anyway, I had the jaegerschnitzel for dinner along with a black forest chocolate cake for dessert.
  • In going to the German restaurant, I played chaffeur for some friends here in the Northland. It was a quiet drive to the restaurant; but, once we found out that K-State was beating Texas in college football, our conversation was pretty animated as we listened to the game on the radio on the drive home.
  • I didn't like what I was seeing visually from the Chiefs today so during the second half I decided to hop in my car and look at office furniture at Crowley's furniture in Liberty and Nebraska Furniture Mart in KCK. As I was looking at desks and leather chairs at NFM, I heard some hooping' and hollerin' from over in the Big Screen TV area. I guess the Chiefs were trying a comeback. I found out later their bid fell short.
  • After staff inservice on Friday, I went home to paint my office. I didn't get done with the first coat until 1 o'clock in the morning. But I noticed my partying neighbors were at it again with loud music. And when I stepped out Saturday morning, I saw a couple of beer cans tossed into my front yard, which still angers me. Anyway, I did a second coat after I pitched the beer cans.
  • Finally, my three oak trees are finally beginning to shed their leaves. I'm not looking forward to the yard work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home