From a KC Librarian

Just an average guy trying to make sense of his life in the library and beyond.....

Monday, October 30, 2006

Quick Notes

  • Autumn is here. I know this fact not only due to the temperature taking a nose dive tonight, but also by the fact that I have ten bags of leaves sitting in my garage. I mowed my lawn on Sunday and had to empty the grass catcher every ten minutes. And there's more from where that came from. My three oak trees are still shedding their leaves. I figure three or four more mowings between now and year's end.
  • Work colleagues are helping out with a break system with the computer lab. This was originally Mama Bear's idea stemming from my recently completed vacation and the need for break coverage for the lab associates. I've decided to put her idea to more extensive use by scheduling break coverage for the month of November. We'll see how this works.
  • I will participate in a meeting on Tuesday that will determine what access management software we will use for our public access machines. We saw presentations from three vendors last week. Since the computer lab opened in October 2003, we have used part-timers to check people in and out of the lab. With the new access management software, patrons will be able to go through a self check-in kiosk to use our PCs.
  • For the time being, I will suspend teaching the Bloglines and RSS feeds class. Simply put, there's not enough demand for this type of Internet use.....for now.
  • Finally, I made stops tonight at home improvement stores in North KC. I would like to remodel my office in my house and I stopped by Lowe's and Home Depot to see if any of their products can help me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home