From a KC Librarian

Just an average guy trying to make sense of his life in the library and beyond.....

Saturday, November 18, 2006

French restaurant experience

I enjoy going to both Parkville and Weston, MO because every time I go, I experience something refreshing and new and beyond my experiences. For example, a few years ago I discovered the underground Irish pub in Weston where they would periodically play live Celtic music.

Saturday night, I discovered the Cafe des Amis in downtown Parkville. I went there for dinner with friends. It is a quaint little French bistro with none of the commercial hoopla that is given at places like Applebee's or Friday's. And yes, you can have a normal conversation at your table while the piped-in music augments the experience...not drowns you out. And I guess another reason why I liked this place was it reminded me of the two restaurants I dined at while at Friday Harbor, WA.

I had venison (cooked medium) for dinner with chocolate mouse for dessert. I would like to come back some day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home