From a KC Librarian

Just an average guy trying to make sense of his life in the library and beyond.....

Sunday, August 06, 2006

You Get What You Ask For

Last Saturday, while at MS/PS anniversary celebration, I chatted with LE who is from the Quad Cities area up in Iowa. I regaled her about my recent trip up to the Amana Colonies and the fact that I enjoyed the wines I had brought back with me in June. LE told me that she was headed back up to Iowa and wanted to know if she could bring back any wine for me.

Casually, I said, "Okay, about a hundred bucks worth."

Well, while I was driving home from work tonight, my cell phone rings. It was MS telling me that LE had just delivered $100 worth of various assortments of wine to his house--14 bottles total. The types of wine include Niagara Americana (white wine), Cranberry Crush, Strawberry Delight, and Purple Passion.

Now as I picked up the wine, I said to myself "How on earth am I going to handle 14 bottles of wine?"

I decided to store most of the bottles in a cool place in my basement. Meanwhile, I will keep three bottles at a time on top my frig, drinking a glass of wine a day prior to going to bed.

That's my strategy and I'm sticking to it. But, of course, it won't hurt to invite friends over to help me drink it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home