From a KC Librarian

Just an average guy trying to make sense of his life in the library and beyond.....

Friday, July 28, 2006

Random Notes

  1. While watching TV Friday night (I passed on Pizza night with friends because I work Saturday), I received a phone call from AN. She was on her way to Lincoln, NE with her family to see her sister. Our phone conversation lasted about 25 minutes. And of course, we got caught up on each other's comings and goings. As usual, it was exciting to hear her voice.
  2. The Powers-that-Be approved my attendance in August to NEKLS' Tech Day which will be held at Washburn University in Topeka. The keynote speaker will be none other than Michael Stephens (http://www.tametheweb.com). He's a librarian/doctoral student whose primary focus is library and information technology and its combined integration with emerging web technologies into traditional library service. In the past year, I've learned to become a big fan of his blog (mostly due to the fact that his friend and colleague Jenny Levine pushed his blog address at last year's Tech Day). On a side note, David King of the KCMO library system will lead a breakout session. I hope I can attend that.
  3. SS, one of our original computer lab associates from 2003, worked her final day in the lab this past Thursday. Library staff signed a card and combined resources for a gift for her.
  4. The October cruise date is arriving soon. I just received an email from my uncle with an attachment telling me how to prepare for the trip. Looks like I will have to go Cabella's and Dick's Sporting goods to buy some new outdoor/camping/boating gear. It has been twelve years since I last been camping. (Strathcona Park, Vancouver Island, Canada)
  5. Finally, MS and PS are celebrating their 25th wedding anniversary this week. They had their private celebration earlier this week and they will celebrate with friends Saturday. I hope I can make it in time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home