From a KC Librarian

Just an average guy trying to make sense of his life in the library and beyond.....

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Another thought about Tech Day

One statement that I failed to include in my audio blog about Tech Day is the lunch I had with SV, a Johnson County Librarian and web development staff member. It was nice and refreshing to see a fellow librarian who really shared the same fervor for Library 2.0.
Granted, we work for two public libraries whose organizational charts are probably at the opposite ends of the administrative spectrum. BUT, we both recognize that Library 2.0 is what is happening now in our profession, and we need to promote it to our staff and to our public.
Even though I met SV for a short period of time, I have decided to include his blog "The Book of Nature" in my blog list. Here are a couple of his posts to show his passion for both libraries and the use of technology in the library:

NEKLS TECH DAY


WE'RE ALL WINNERS IN LIBRARIES



On a separate note, SND and I will meet with our Assistant Library Director this coming week to talk about Tech Day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home