From a KC Librarian

Just an average guy trying to make sense of his life in the library and beyond.....

Saturday, November 12, 2005

So, what's your favorite scene....

I was in house cleaning mode Saturday when AN calls to thank me for loaning her the movie Like Water for Chocolate. She read the book many years ago but never really had the chance to watch the movie because of work, kids, life, etc....

After discussing the movie we agreed that the scene where Tita's sister Rosaura dies of gastro-intestinal difficulties was the best scene and the wedding reception where everybody gets horny (including the priest) finished a close second. AN told me that the movie pretty much matched the images she got from reading the book.

On a second note, AN will be "on-call" with work during Thanksgiving weekend which means she'll remain in the southeast Kansas area during the holiday weekend. She ought to work for us at the library. The powers-that-be give us Wednesday off so that we have two days off to celebrate turkey day. I'm sure glad they make us work Friday.

Speaking of favorite scenes, I probably need to dust off my copy of Planes, Train, and Automobiles which has become a Thanksgiving tradition for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home