From a KC Librarian

Just an average guy trying to make sense of his life in the library and beyond.....

Sunday, November 06, 2005

Random Thoughts from this weekend


  • Time Warner surprised me Sunday morning by sending a technician to address my phone problem. After some poking and prodding around my house, he was able to determine that an unused phone jack somehow shorted out and sent a signal out that it was in use...thus creating the constant busy signal. The technician fixed the problem and all is right in the world.


  • I spent part of the weekend cutting down all the dead branches from my trees and converting them into firewood for my sister's outdoor fireplace. I have a small handful to complete Sunday morning.


  • I went to Lawrence Saturday night to help my sister celebrate her birthday. KU just completed it's victory over Nebraska and I wondered if I would encounter any wild celebration as I hit the Lawrence outskirts. Fortunately, my sister's house is located way off campus and I didn't have any trouble. We ate at Molly McGee's. There, we saw a few dejected Cornhusker fans clad in red. I had a rueben sandwich with a side of steamed veggies. (No fries, JS)


  • I am happy to see KU finally beat Nebraska. The only way it could have been sweeter is if KU upset a national-championship-contending Nebraska team. During my freshman year at KU, we upset #1 Oklahoma. I was in the KU marching band at the time and couldn't join the rest of the students on the field in celebatory revelry.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home