From a KC Librarian

Just an average guy trying to make sense of his life in the library and beyond.....

Saturday, August 25, 2007

While out walking this morning.....

I finally found out what "they" are developing at 152 Highway and Ambassador Road near Barry Road. They are putting in a new shopping area which will include a Target, Best Buy, Home Despot, and a JCPenny's. All of this is about three miles west of my house.
Now about a half mile to the east of my house is....a Target, Best Buy, JCPenny's, and Home Despot is about five miles to the south.
My question is this: How much development is too much development.
Another point to ponder: the Metro North Mall's days are numbered. Since I moved up to the Northland Fall 2001, there has been a drainage, if you will, of businesses from the mall. Dillards recently had a sale of all inventory and it's now empty. The mall is half occupied. I would be surprised that the mall faces demolition in the next five to ten years and "they" building an apartment complex there or perhaps a deluxe grocery store.
Meanwhile, the Barry Road and I-29 area will be saturated with traffic problems. And I wonder if "they" will be able to fix that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home