From a KC Librarian

Just an average guy trying to make sense of his life in the library and beyond.....

Sunday, June 03, 2007

Random Notes at the start of June

  1. I just finished a very bland vacation. I stayed at home for the most part but I did do a whirlwind antique tour on Wednesday visiting The Brass Armadillo in Grain Valley, MO and Keeper's Antiques in Harrisonville. For my efforts, I purchased three more toby mugs for my collection: The Granny, The Veteran Motorist, and The Cardinal.
  2. Speaking of vacation, my sister's family returned safely from their vacation to the North.
  3. The party animal kids next door were at it again last night, er, this morning. Once again, the music was booming and the beer, apparently, was flowing. I finally nodded off to sleep at 3:30 this morning and managed to get about four hours of slumber.
  4. FYI, there's a lot of talk in the blogosphere about Google Map's new Street view feature. Most of the postings I've read ranged from the humourous (You can find dead people with Street View) to the serious (in particular, invasion of privacy issues especially if Google updates the photo technology it uses for this feature).
  5. Finally, tonight's episode of The Sopranos (Episode title: The Blue Comet) was intense, intense, INTENSE!!! In particular, the apparent ending of the Melfi-Tony Soprano relationship and the increase in mob warfare between the New York and New Jersey families didn't disappoint. I'm looking forward to the season finale next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home