From a KC Librarian

Just an average guy trying to make sense of his life in the library and beyond.....

Thursday, May 03, 2007

Along Came a Spider(Man 3)

First of all, I want to thank the person responsible for hooking me up with free passes to the SpiderMan viewing in Overland Park. I was somewhat tired after the movie having to drive the 45 miles to the NorthLand KC. I didn't get home until 10PM.

Anyway, SpiderMan 3 is a good movie with good writing but it also fits in the typical trilogy stereotype where the third movie of a series pales in comparison to its predecessors. Spidey 2 was a work of perfection so it was probably wrong of me to expect something similar in Spidey 3.

Still, SpiderMan 3 is comic book fun at its best. In this movie, we have four characters with superhuman powers. And I thought the key for Sam Raimi was that he kept the pacing of the movie with these characters steady. Raimi maintains a balance between character development, storyline, and the action. And, like in Spidey 2, Peter Parker undergoes another challenge to his integrity with some scenes hilarious and some scenes dramatic.

I will be adding this movie to my DVD collection.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home