From a KC Librarian

Just an average guy trying to make sense of his life in the library and beyond.....

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Noisy Neighbors--a new episode

Late Friday night or early Saturday morning--depending on your perspective--at about 4AM, I was sound asleep when I heard a pounding or knocking on my basement exterior door. I quickly put on some shorts and t-shirt and went to my front door to see what the hub-bub was all about.
Two twenty-something girls were at the door and they looked up and saw me half-awake looking down at them in disbelief and perhaps in part anger as I was awakened from my slumber. Then one girl said: "Oh, this is not his house."
In an automatic, preprogrammed-response, I said: "Next house to the left." After that, I shut the front door and ambled back to bed and slept for another four hours.
In the immortal words of KP, a loyal volunteer at the library, I think it's safe to say the my next door neighbors "Have youth in their favor." And at a young twenty-something, they are party animals. And what I think happened was that these young ladies accepted an invitation from these guys to party at their house.
This brings back memories of impromptu parties in college, instantaneously occurring when you least expect it. But that was twenty years ago.
These guys need to realize that they are no longer on campus and they need to respect the tranquility that nighttime bring to our neighborhood.

....and besides, the girls didn't invite me over--a sure sign that I'm getting old.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home