From a KC Librarian

Just an average guy trying to make sense of his life in the library and beyond.....

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Assessing my house needs

This morning I started my vacation by having a plumber come to my house and fix a broken exterior faucet that I have been negligent on for the past couple of years. It turns out that the problem was much easier to solve than what I was told by friends, family, and observer.
On a side note, I can guess that when a child is given a choice between becoming a librarian or becoming a plumber chances are the child chooses the plumbing profession more often. Obviously the pay scale is better. This is a guess judging what the plumber charged me today for repairs.
I spent the balance of the daylight hours doing chores including laundry and grooming the plants in my back yard. I think the moles have ceased their activity in my yard for right now but I still plan to lay down more insecticide next weekend cutting off the food source for those moles. In the meantime, I'm a little bit peeved that my area of KC has received little to no rain. I had my sprinkler running for four hours today in watering the lawn.
I had dinner in Lawrence tonight with C and A. They fired up the barbecue. Part of our conversation involved my plans for a new air conditioner/heating unit and I told them I was going to delay my plans until I fully and honestly evaluated my electricity situation. The fuse switch which corresponds to my clothes dryer has recently shorted out. Lately, I have been drying my clothes at a local Laundromat. I am thinking that I need to take this one step further and evaluate the wiring in my house given that I have a couple of high electricity consuming appliance (although they are hooked up through surge protectors). I am planning to make an appointment with an electrician prior to my leaving town for vacation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home