From a KC Librarian

Just an average guy trying to make sense of his life in the library and beyond.....

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Snyders (plural) on their way out

I was surprised when I checked Kansas City.com this morning that K-State Football coach Bill Snyder will be announcing his retirement today in Manhattan. I followed the Wildcats' rise into national prominence during the 1990s. It was good to see a team come from the total drudge and compete with the likes of Nebraska and Oklahoma for the league championship.

Meanwhile, I know that the Missouri fans are collectively grinding their teeth as Quin Snyder's basketball team lost the home opener against Sam Houston State. I think this will be a lame duck season for Snyder. Although his teams have made the NCAA tournaments, there have been rumblings and criticisms about his team's competitiveness and of course the stigma of what happened with Ricky a couple of years ago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home