From a KC Librarian

Just an average guy trying to make sense of his life in the library and beyond.....

Monday, November 21, 2005

Random Notes from the weekend


  • I went to the movie Zathura yesterday. It is exactly the same concept movie as Jumanji . As a matter of fact, both stories are written by the same author, Chris Van Allsburg. Although I found Zathura rather entertaining and a very good family movie, I found myself making comparisons to the Robin Williams-Kirsten Dunst Jumanji movie. And although I enjoyed Van Allsburg's Polar Express last Christmas, I would like to see something more fresh, creative, and original. But, that's only my opinion.

  • In my attempt to find a new "favorite" restaurant, MS/PS and I went to Abuelos Saturday night. I must say it was a excellent dining experience. And I got a free to-go order of nachos out of the deal when the staff mishandled my order. The manager did a good job of handling my complaint when the mistake was made. I may visit Abuelos on a frequent basis.

  • Finally, MS helped me get my Christmas lights up on my house. It took us about an hour and three extension cords to pull it off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home