From a KC Librarian

Just an average guy trying to make sense of his life in the library and beyond.....

Sunday, February 20, 2005

King's Singers Concert

I went to the KS concert last night. Unfortunately, AN could not come because of obligations. So I went by myself. The audience consisted of people of all ages, some season ticket holders through the William Jewell Fine Arts concert series, and some people younger than me.
And of course, the King's Singers were brilliant in the combination of tight harmony and improvisation. The first part of the concert proved their historical knowledge of choral music. Their latter part of the concert was more contemporary. The sang songs like the Beatle's "Penny Lane," their own rendition of the Rossini's "Barber of Seville," a song from the movie "O Brother, Where Art Thou," and a couple songs that their predecessor's in the group sang twenty to twenty-five years ago. I enjoyed it immensely, but I wish AN was with me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home