From a KC Librarian

Just an average guy trying to make sense of his life in the library and beyond.....

Saturday, July 10, 2004

ESPN Disappoints

I have been enjoying my HDTV for about three and half months now. However, I'm kind of down in the dumps that ESPN considers profitability more important that providing access to their HDTV channel. I called my cable company and asked why they did not provide ESPN-HD. They said the sports channel charged an extremely high fee for access and not even my cable company could provide access.

My feeling is that ESPN feels that Direct-TV is profitable to provide the HDTV signal. Eventually, I expect ESPN to be accessible to us digital cable subscribers in about two to three years once they get a feeling of what costs are involved.

TNT television has already made the leap of faith and is broadcasting in HDTV. It was really nice to see some of the NBA playoffs on TNT-HD.

I loooooove this technology.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home