From a KC Librarian

Just an average guy trying to make sense of his life in the library and beyond.....

Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Warranties, Cars, and car rentals

During the first week in June, I took my car into the body shop for structural repairs. About a month and a half ago, my Protege was rear-ended by a SUV. The other driver took full responsibility over the accident. While my car was being fixed I drove a 2005 Chevy Silverado extend cab pickup truck. It had all the bells and whistles. The truck was so huge I could not park it in the garage of my house. I asked the rental agency how much a truck like this cost and they said roughly $33,000-$35,000. Gulp!

Anyway, I got my car back last Friday. It's amazing to note that once a warranty runs out on a new car, things start breaking or are in need of repair. I am keeping a list of things needed for the Protege: new AC, new side mirror, new air-flow sensor, new actuator for the back left rear door lock, new tires, new brakes...well, you get the idea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home