From a KC Librarian

Just an average guy trying to make sense of his life in the library and beyond.....

Thursday, June 24, 2004

Zona Rosa, Barry Road, and the new job

There's a new shopping area that opened up this past month in the North KC area. It's called Zona Rosa and it's located at Barry Road and I-29. My brother-in-law says the new shopping facility looks like the back lot of a Disney studio. The builders patterned Zona Rosa after a couple of shopping areas in Kansas City. I think it reminds my of KC's The Plaza. The stores are even high-priced (at least, I can't afford to shop there). I do want to try the Hereford House (a steak house) when it opens up in a couple of months. Anchor stores of Zona Rosa include a Dick Sporting Goods and Barnes and Noble.

With the development of this shopping area comes the added problems of road construction along Barry Road. I manage to avoid this area on a daily basis. The only time I have trouble is when I travel to a hardware store--my drive path takes me through this area.

I stopped by work on Wednesday night to check on notes, memos, and due dates for some books checked out. I found out from co-workers that one on my computer lab employees put in her resignation. This means my first duty with the new job on July 1 is to find a new person. Oh what fun...........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home