From a KC Librarian

Just an average guy trying to make sense of his life in the library and beyond.....

Thursday, December 02, 2010

Random thoughts

I know it has been a long time since I blogged, but here are some random library-related thoughts:

  • I do believe the mixture of patrons using the computer lab (upon my observations) is one-half recreational (including YouTube, Facebook, and games) and the other half practical (including job searching, resume writing). I helped one gentleman navigate a JobCorp site and I helped a lady save email attachments to her flash drive.
  • Just received an email from my branch manager speaking to the budgetary difficulties that another library system is having in town, including the reconstructing of their ILL policies.
  • We are getting a higher number of patrons using our WiFi and the number of patrons asking if we have WiFi printing is increasing.
  • How soon will it be until we implement smartphone technology into library programing? I've been reading articles from library tech pundits saying we are not too far away in developing apps for library functions such as placing holds or catalog lookup or even paying fines.
  • Finally, I taught 6 computer classes for November with a total of 80 patrons in attendance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home