From a KC Librarian

Just an average guy trying to make sense of his life in the library and beyond.....

Monday, September 28, 2009

Attending my High School's Homecoming

I accepted a Facebook invitation to attend my High Schools Homecoming football game and participate in the alumni high school band at half-time. Arrangements were made for me to play the sousaphone with the band. Unfortunately, lightening and a down pour of rain delayed the start of the game and Mr. H made the decision to postpone the halftime festivities. I considered this a wise decision, especially considering that the band had to participate in KU's Band Day the following day. MGT and I stayed and watched the first few series of plays and, as it turned out, Highland Park did not put up much of a fight against the mighty Topeka High Trojans.

And so, MGT and I went to a local Topeka bar and got caught up and each other's comings-and-goings. Good conversation.

We found out later that the end to the football game was suspended due to a brawl that broke out half-way through the 4th quarter. We were ahead 50-6 and the refs ended the game and awarded us the victory.

I drove home on the turnpike through torrential rain between Topeka and Lawrence. It was dry east of Lawrence and the rain caught up to my house two hours later and gave my entire yard a good soaking of precip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home