From a KC Librarian

Just an average guy trying to make sense of his life in the library and beyond.....

Thursday, July 16, 2009

My break from blogging

You know, it's a real sad situation when a journalist has nothing to write about.

I think the reason why I haven't blogged lately can be attributed to a couple of things:

First, Facebook. I really see the benefit of this social medium. As a matter a fact, I usually average one surprise a week when I log in. For example, tonight I established a friendship with a junior high and high school friend who I haven't seen in (let's take a wild guess here) thirty years. He's now a very successful political science professor, the head of his department.

Second, with the stresses of staff reduction in our library system and not knowing where my future will take me, I didn't want to post something in my blog that I might regret later. In other words, I gave myself a timeout from the blogosphere. Now that the staff reductions is a month behind, I'll try to keep future posts topical and I'll try to avoid putting my foot in my mouth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home