From a KC Librarian

Just an average guy trying to make sense of his life in the library and beyond.....

Monday, May 18, 2009

New Roof's a-coming

I've already tipped my hand on this from my Facebook posting, but I've decided to go ahead and totally replace the shingles, the vents, and the turbines on my roof. I was relieved that the actual damage to the roof was because of the installation of a second layer of shingles. And the roofers I interviewed estimated repairs below $1,000. But, a double-layered roof does not give me many favors in the event that life events take me elsewhere in this world. So, I thought it may behoove me to redo the shingling of the roof to maintain some value of the house in this decline housing market.

Now it's a matter for the roofer-of-choice to find the proverbial window of opportunity as far as the weather goes and pick a time to install the new roof. I hope it's soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home