From a KC Librarian

Just an average guy trying to make sense of his life in the library and beyond.....

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Changes in Library Administrative Personnel

All members of the KCKPL Library staff received an email from the Assistant Director of Libraries announcing her resignation. We all have opinions on her resignation, on what it means for the Administrative branch of our system, and on what it means for our library system's future.
2011 should be an interesting and intense year. A term that was soaked into us at library school was "paradigm shift" and it would appear KCKPL is in the midst of a shift of leadership. But, I, for one, believe in the person at the top.
I plan on spending part of my holiday leave reviewing a couple of important documents which were design to define the philosophical direction of KCKPL: our strategic plan and our technology mission statement. And then I will grant myself some time of self reflection of where I have been in KCKPL during my first ten years and how I can continue serving KCKPL in the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home