From a KC Librarian

Just an average guy trying to make sense of his life in the library and beyond.....

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

My vote is in

I decided to get up at 5:30 this morning and vote. Unfortunately, about 400 other people decided to do the same thing. As I approached the church where I vote, there was a line of cars waiting to turn into the church's parking lot. The parking lot was full but many voters decided to park in the gas station's parking lot next door or park their car on the church's lawn. I parked on the lawn putting my Vue at risk as I parked under a tree that was shedding its hedge apples. After a 35 minute wait in line, I cast my ballot.

Afterwards, I went to Starbuck's where the line was equally as long. Starbuck's has a marketing special today where you tell them you voted in this election and you get a tall coffee free. It looked like 20-30 took advantage of this offer at this particular store.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home