From a KC Librarian

Just an average guy trying to make sense of his life in the library and beyond.....

Thursday, October 09, 2008

Traveling to Stockbridge, Mass

After having breakfast with my cousin's family and walking with my cousin as he took his kids to school, I drove to western Massachusetts to see some of the sights. I first headed south on I-91 to Deerfield to a gift shop that compares in area to KC's Nebraska Furniture Mart. I spent an hour looking at gifts and Halloween and Christmas decor and then hit the highway. I hit the Mass Turnpike and headed west for Stockbridge and the Rockwell Museum. After spending two hours there and buying my gift store magnets, I hit the highway and headed north to Pittsfield.

The driving was absolutely beautiful, brilliant fall colors abound. I worked my way back to I-91 stopping off to browse at three or four small town general stores and treating myself to some Friendly's (an eastern chain) ice cream. I got back to Northfield in time for dinner with my cousin and his family.

Friday, I'm considering drives to either New Hampshire or Vermont. Saturday and Sunday are scheduled activities with my cousin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home