From a KC Librarian

Just an average guy trying to make sense of his life in the library and beyond.....

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Random Thoughts

  1. The new ref desk has been installed with computer networking and phones now available. We are waiting for the word processing/online database computers to be installed and wired. Our reaction to the new desk has been not exactly a warm fuzzy feeling. However, I think everyone is arriving at the feeling that we'll make do with what we have. But somewhere down the pike, we would like to see some changes to accommodate our working needs.
  2. I called my cousin in Massachusetts tonight to start mapping out plans for my trip to New England. Because of his and his family's schedule, some of my excursions will be on my own. But I think things are mapping out nicely.
  3. Finally, I think it's ironic that even though I signed up for the "No call" list that the organizations that constantly call for support are law enforcement agencies. I am grateful for their service and dedication. But pulllease!!! Let me eat my peanut butter and jelly sandwich bachelor dinner in peace, for once.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home