From a KC Librarian

Just an average guy trying to make sense of his life in the library and beyond.....

Sunday, September 09, 2007

Getting better acquainted with KCK

I spent part of my day yesterday emceeing a parade along Central Avenue in central Kansas City, Kansas. Mama Bear and her husband (I guess that would make him Papa Bear) have spent a good part of the past six or seven years with their community involvement with the Central Avenue business area and have been participants in the organization of the parade during that time. Central Avenue, between 12th and 18th Streets, is highly comprised of the Mexican/Latino influence as evidenced by the businesses there.
Mama Bear and Papa Bear did prepare a script for me to read. I used the script to the best of my ability but the unpredictability and speed of the parade proved that the script writing for each float/parade display were too long and I found myself cutting out sentences or skipping paragraphs entirely.
Despite this, Mama Bear now says I have to do this next year as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home