From a KC Librarian

Just an average guy trying to make sense of his life in the library and beyond.....

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Random Notes

Happy New Year everyone. I've finally got my computer hooked up and am ready to continue blogging.

  • I think I've made it a very happy holiday season for NFM. Not only did I purchase the new office furniture back in November, I also purchased a new office chair as well as a new chair for my TV room.
  • Speaking of office furniture, I received delivery of the executive desk, the hutch, and the return on December 30th. Unfortunately, I miscalculated the measurements of the desk as it applies the doorway to my office--the desk was an inch and half too wide. After making a failed attempt to disassemble the desk (it was both glued and screwed together), MS and I decided to tear down the door frame in order to get the desk in. And of course, I will have to rebuild the door frame. But I plan to take it a step further and hire a construction contractor to build a door that's three inches wider than the original. That way, if I move out of the house, I can easily move the desk out the door. An extra, unplanned cost, granted. But dealing with a contractor will give me experience when other house remodeling projects (like new bathroom floors and new windows) become necessary.
  • I spent New Year's Eve once again in Shawnee. Same group of friends as last year's celebration. This year, I was introduced to Texas Hold 'Em poker. Didn't fare too well but enjoyed trying to figure out how to play. Thank goodness we didn't play with real money or I would have been in the poor house.
  • I agree with the statement that the Boise State-Oklahome football game shows that a playoff systerm in Division One football would work. This was a great game. Only the Nebraska-Miami game of 1984 was better, in my opinion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home